Tuesday, August 13, 2019 7:14 AM EST
By The Associated Press, AP
HOLIDAY, Fla. (AP) — Police in Florida say a 1-year-old baby overdosed on fentanyl that was left out by her caretaker.
News outlets report 35-year-old Heather Revell was arrested Sunday and charged with child neglect and possession of heroin.
A statement from the Pasco County Sheriff's Office says Revell told deputies she injected herself with fentanyl-laced heroin Saturday. The statement says Revell said she cleared away the drugs and paraphernalia, but the baby must have ingested something left out.
The report says the baby was lethargic and unresponsive when deputies arrived. Pasco County Fire Rescue gave the 1-year-old Narcan and took her to the hospital. She's expected to recover.
The statement says deputies found used syringes and crushed Xanax in the home and fentanyl in Revell's purse. It's unclear whether Revell has an attorney.